Every time you have a successful HORSE run, immediately import the cases into CART. This is important because HORSE will overwrite files each time it is run:
- After success in running HORSE, move to CART (Inpatient or Outpatient depending on what data you are importing)
- Of course, CART has to be installed and set up for you hospital and for the data and time-frame you are importing into CART
- Click on Abstraction –> Import CSV
Find and Open the corresponding HORSE file. The file names correspond to different HORSE data:
- UB-92.csv for Inpatient Stroke
- VTE.csv for Inpatient VTE
- IMM.csv for Inpatient Global Immunization measure
- ED.csv for Inpatient Global ED measure
- OPPS.csv for OPPS AMI, Chest Pain, Pain Management and Stroke as well as the Outpatient ED-Throughput measure
YES – if the case was already in CART (and you have started abstracting) it will be over-written and abstraction details will be lost)
NO – if the case is already in CART – import will skip the case when importing – any abstraction work you have already done will be saved.
Enable/disable questions appropriately?
Leave default – reduces need to answer questions that are not relevant.
Import Statistics – Statistics / Show Log
Statistics will only tell you if the import was successful or if there was a problem – it will not give you enough information to know why an import failed.
Succeeded – this may be enough information! We see how many cases were in the import file (if successful)
FAILED – but don’t have useful information! NOTE: There may be some cases imported but this statistic would not show it.
Show log will give you more details and help to determine the error.
See Troubleshooting for failed CART import.